Noah’s on the Beach is a modern venue overlooking Newcastle Beach at the very eastern edge of the Newcastle CBD. Noah’s is conveniently situated for parking during the day with most of the on street parking being parking meter free. All activities in the Symposium will be held at Noah’s including the ARR workshop on the first morning. If you are staying at other hotels in the CBD then during the day the light rail runs every 10 minutes and its at most 10 minutes once you are on the tram to get to the Newcastle Beach stop and then 2-3 minutes walk to the venue.
More information about Noah’s (including accommodation options) can be found here.
A full list of accommodation can be found at the Newcastle tourism website, and of course there are also options at wotif, airbnb, etc.
The main hotels in the CBD that are an easy walk either directly to the venue or to the light rail route are listed belo
- Noah’s on the beach: The venue no walking required
- Novotel: 5 minutes walk
- Quality Apartments: 5 minutes walk
- The Grand Hotel: 7 minutes walk
- Ibis: 10 minutes by tram
- Crown on Darby: 5 minutes walk to tram and 5 minutes on tram
- Rydges(formerly Crown Plaza): 5 minutes walk to tram and 5 minutes on tram
- Chifley Apartments: 5 minutes walk to tram and 5 minutes on tram
- Quest Apartments: 10 minutes on the tram
- Travelodge: 10 minutes on tram
- Holiday Inn Express (a brand new hotel across the road from the railway station): 10 minutes by tram
- Youth Hostel Newcastle Beach: 5 minutes walk